View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
Yes! We stayed 2 years in the Villages and moved up to Sun City SC. Much more attractive, much less crowded, much less traffic and a lot more privacy! We bought new in the bubble in Oct of 2015. Back door neighbor was only 20 feet away, there were no trees and bugs were everywhere at night. Here where we are now there are much lower property taxes for full time residents, NO bond fees and plenty of activities that are not jammed packed! I can go for a walk and not have to deal with drunk drivers on golf carts, my mail gets delivered right to my house. Yes there is a state income tax, but after all the deductions it was less than zero! The ocean is only 30-45 mins away, and the dining is to die for here. We never regret moving away, it just wasn't for us! Now I know some of you diehard Villagers are about to jump all over me, but do yourself a favor and dive on up and take a look around! You too will question why you haven't moved yet.
And yet two years later reading the forum. Hmm

Proximity to neighbors, bond, trees were obvious factors before even buying.

I live with no back neighbors, lots of trees, no bond.

Never seen anyone drunk on a golf cart, do my own insecticide and have zero bug problems.

Traffic is no issue.

Some of my fortunes may be luck but most is due diligence.