View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
Currently live near Indianapolis and am looking to move to TV in the next several years or sooner if everything works out. I do have a few questions for you lucky folks that have been there a few years or more.
1. Can you buy sinkhole insurance for your home or is that something that is in most Florida homeowner insurance policies now? If it is sold as an extra coverage how much does it cost?
2. Does a single HOA cover every neighborhood in TV?
3. Has there ever been any thought to allowing even one style of privacy fencing for owners of designer and premier model homes? I realize the courtyard villas and verandas have fences but I was hoping to have a larger yard (for my Whippet pooch) than what they typically seem to have.
4. I was told by my Villages realtor that every single home in TV uses an electric heat pump for winter heating even in the sections that have gas available. Is that true? I am hoping this isn’t true because I love my gas furnace!!
5. Last question and all I am looking for is a rough estimate on this. What would monthly housing expense be for a $350,000 new home with no mortgage? From what I can tell once you add all the different taxes plus utilities, bond, insurance, activity fee, etc., it would be in the neighborhood of $1,500 a month if your home was paid for. Some realtors have given me a higher figure, some lower. You folks are the experts. Is $1,500 a month about right?
#1, there are TWO forms of sinkhole insurance, catastrophic ground collapse in included in any house policy this covers you IF the house is condemned, the second OPTIONAL coverage is for a sinkhole that does NOT significantly damage your house, in general there is a 10% deductible then the insurance kicks in. The local insurance can fill in the details.

#2, the is NO HOA, there are DEED restrictions for each CDD, and these are slightly different, the villages website has details for each CDD.

#3, Fencing is generally NOT available, you will need to discuss with your sales representative. I did see some upscale houses with fencing (however I do NOT recall the villages where these were available), since this sounds like a potential deal killer, let your sales rep know your concerns so they can address.

#4, I rarely gets really cold hear, so you will not miss your gas fired heater. Last winter we used the heat function maybe a dozen times.

#5, The villages website had (I think it is still there) an estimate for the basic monthly costs. NOTE: the taxes are different in the 3 counties that the villages occupies, once again your sales rep should be able to give you the CURRENT estimates. You can also look this up on the county websites, but i do not have the web addresses in front of me.

Hope this helps. VT