View Single Post

Old 05-15-2019, 08:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
You have made some excellent points in your post.

I don't think anyone would agree that a 20-year old leaking roof could be compared to a sinkhole that appears years later. I am not an engineer, but I don't believe sinkholes usually appear until years later due to a number of different circumstances. From the onset of that problem in Calumet Grove, I don't recall the developer addressing the situation as being helpful to the residents who were affected. Correct me if I am wrong. And yes -- Marion County and others are part of the equation, too.

I am aware that the Morse bridge per se is not the problem, but the issue is the erosion. I guess I don't understand the structure of why only certain CDDs are responsible for paying for the repair. I would really have to be aware of and read and comprehend the agreement you have mentioned. And how would a potential buyer know about this agreement with the result being they would be held responsible for paying for this repair down the road (no pun intended)?

With the millions of people traversing this bridge on a daily basis, the average person would think as I have . . . that if the developer owns the land and the county owns the roadway, they should be responsible for the repair. My thinking is only based on logic, not a written agreement with which I am not familiar.

I vividly recall what has taken place in Lehigh Acres. I remember salespeople walking around in resort areas up north in the summertime, selling lots to the poor suckers who believed the propaganda that was told to them! Very sad.

As far as An Evening with the Developer is concerned -- it is what it is and will never change, I'm sure. I agree with you that it is designed to be a "feel good" event for residents and I think it mostly does that. Personally, I would like to glean more "meaty" information but that is not their style or intent to give.

Again -- thanks for your post.
Sinkholes can appear at any time and are predominantly in West Central Florida. They often appear after a heavy rain after an extended dry spell. The developer has no responsibility to address matters on sinkholes on private property. Insurance can be purchased. Same for lightning and flooding.

The Evening with the Developer has been going on since I have been here and I don't think Gary Morse ever hosted it, and he has only been gone about five years now. The last one wasn't as interesting as previous ones were. The Morses do not relish attention and it is good business to keep plans to yourself especially when you are acquiring real estate.

One of the things I like about The Villages is the lack of the "hard sell". I hate, Hate, HATE pushy realtors.

I am not one tiny bit worried about the bridge, do not think there is a conspiracy and will be repaired well with as little cost as possible to us. WHY? Because there have been no reasons to think otherwise.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-16-2019 at 10:02 AM.