View Single Post

Old 05-16-2019, 07:54 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I totally disagree. I am financially very well off, and I am not at all jealous of the developer. But I think businesses have certain responsibilities particularly when you create a place for retired people who have sunk much of their savings and uprooted their lives to live in the place you have developed. The developer has created expectations and made promises, and they need to be held accountable. For example, this place is heavily advertised as a golf community, and the overall condition of the golf courses is sub-par. That is inexcusable in my opinion. There are other examples, (I'm thinking of the $40 million class action lawsuit where the Developer mis-used amenity fees) but the point is, the actions of the Developer have been less than stellar in certain situations and residents have a right to be unhappy and need to pay attention so they aren't taken advantage of.

Thanks.

Interesting.

Have you played the Country Clubs lately????.........the conditions are far from sub-par. Sometimes the condition slips on a CC course once-in-a-while, but it's addressed. I enjoy the courses.

Mis-use of fees is never stellar. But the thread is really for the people who are constantly negative towards the Developer........no matter what. "You" know who they are. Just wondering why.

Thanks for the post.