View Single Post

Old 05-16-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Hmm, are you sure you live in The Villages? My experience with traffic and drunks in golf carts is different than yours.

Our feeling is nothing is ever perfect, and that holds true for The Villages.We've met some wonderful people, and we do enjoy the choice of activities. On the downside is the the sheer size of the Villages. The population has doubled since we moved here and we really can notice the increase in traffic and the numbers of people vying for space in restaurants and some of the classes at certain times of year. I gave up trying to do zumba. Just didn't want to get to a class an hour ahead of time just to get a spot. The condition of the golf courses has also been a huge disappointment. And we've experienced nasty behavior from other residents when our political views did not coincide with theirs, something we never went through up north. That was really a shocker. But we feel the plusses outweigh the minuses. And once you get settled in, buy a house, make friends, etc., its hard to pull up stakes and start over again at this age.
Yes. Five years in The Villages. Two years in 1st home, 3 in second home. Every store/bank/worship needed is within 5 minutes by car. Ten minutes by golf cart. Rarely go further. Never traffic nearby. No roundabouts here either, although I think they are a good option for the heavily populated areas of the villages.

Only wish the airport was closer as the inexpensive living in the Villages allows lots of travel.

Lots of properties with no rear neighbors. Some with very little premium. Just have to look hard. Google Earth helps.

Of the people that have left The Villages, most fell into one of three categories.

Health
Missed Family
Neighbors too close (and they did not get along)

Potential neighbors need to be vetted as well. Are they loud? Smoke? Barking Dogs? Unkept properties. Adult children living at home. Etc

If you make the choice to buy a house with very close neighbors, spend the time to evaluate everything!

When I go in my backyard no one can hear me or see me.

Don't talk politics with people unless you are on the same wavelength.

My Sanctuary Village is perfect.