View Single Post

Old 05-16-2019, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
yes, but what got him stopped in the first place was getting clocked at a whisker over 20mph. My point still holds. Nobody would expect to get noticed by going a smidge over the speed limit.
Do you think this guy just got stopped on a whim by the police officer, or do you think he got stopped because he got clocked at 20.1mph?
Neither is correct. What I said was that it was highly unlikely he was going "a smidge over 20mph." NOWHERE in the article did he state he was "going a smidge over 20mph." In fact what he did state was: "I thought WHAT! – Morse Blvd. has a speed limit of 30mph – I was not going any speed close to the limit....." and "My plea was “No Contest” because I had no idea I was creating a criminal offense by driving the golf cart in excess of 20 mph." and "Next time I want to go “speeding” in a golf cart, I’ll be bringing my trusty technology from Remotecarstarterhero.com. Eat that radars."

That comment about the website also seems like an advertisement as well which could slightly taint the whole story. The article which I read about 2 1/2 years ago in the book it came from is def true in it's fact about the law and consequences and was one of the reasons I decided to go "street legal" however I do take the actual story with a couple grains of salt due to the plug at the end. The author of that book does have some ulterior plug and selling motives if you read his book (which was very informative pre-purchase) and get his newsletter.