View Single Post

Old 05-17-2019, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhaman View Post
Yes, a big difference between Cab and Pinot Noir. I prefer the Cab and my wife the Pinot, so we go both ways. ........ I suppose there is a Loffa color I should hang on my door for that. LOL

I do have too much wine right now, but we are snowbirds for the present and I plan to keep most of what I have in Wisconsin. Problem is I had a wine cooler in the basement of my home I sold, and the place we kept does not have a basement. Now I need to figure out what to do with a bunch of wine I do not want to get too warm or too cold. I could have worst problems.

Check with companies that transport wine, it’s not that expensive compared to the thousands of dollars of investment. There are containers you can use in your car that is temp controlled, but not much will make the trip.

If you don’t want to bring down all at once you will find controlled temp storage for wine at a very reasonable price.

There are many of us that had a cellar in their basement with hundreds of bottles. Moving here we will be making changes, my office may be glassed off and made into a true wine cellar that would store about 500 without a tasting table, or 250 with. It would be impressive, but I am going to miss my office.