View Single Post

Old 05-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We pay Comcast/Xfinity $170 per month for blast internet and more channels than we need.
Back out the internet as I think Comcast is among if not the best.
That leaves television at $110 per month.
I have tried Apple TV, Netflix, Amazon and Plex streaming.
For me, just too much ala carte hunting and pecking. And the bigger issue of recording. We record everything we watch.

Until the dust settles on streaming standards, pricing, recording capability, etc..... I elect to continue paying around $50 more per month for the current convenience.

Current streaming pricing will continue to increase as people demand more conveniences (like current cable/satellites).

For now we will wait and continue to enjoy what we have.
I agree, and if you "play their game" you can get all what you have for under $120. If you're dealing with Comcast just sign up as a new account every time yours has expired. Been doing that for probably 40 years between DirecTV, Fios & now Comcast depending on where I lived.. Just "re-signed" for $125/mo for 2 years for internet and cable with more channels + Showtime than I would ever need and all on one 4K box for 2 TV's plus internet. Doing the same for SIRIUS/XM satellite radio. Never paid more than half-price. Unless you have ALL the pay channels if you are paying more than $100-125/mo depending on # of TV's for TV AND internet you're doing it wrong. Between dealing with OTA antennas and Hulu and all the other bits and pieces from different apps the inconvenience just isn't worth saving $20/month. I just want to push a button and watch TV.