Thread: Noise Curfew
View Single Post

Old 05-20-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbfrank View Post
My wife and I are planning to move to TV in the near future. I was just wondering about neighborhood noise, ie parties, music, or general high noise producing activities after a certain time of the day. It seems to me that since all the homes are positioned very close to each other, noisy activities of one neighbor could cause a good amount of stress to surrounding neighbors.

Is there a noise curfew in TV?
Yes. There are noise ordinances, which are enforced by law enforcement in the jurisdiction in which you reside. That being said, some Villages homes have "kissing lanais", meaning the houses back to each other, in some cases very close. Although there might not be a "party", you may hear barking dogs, TV's, and music being played at a level in which you can hear from your house. Not to mention the person holding a phone conversation on their lanai, playing cards with a group of people, etc. If this possibility is something that concerns you, part of your home search should be to find a home/homesite which mitigates this potential problem.

Last edited by photo1902; 05-20-2019 at 02:34 PM.