View Single Post

Old 05-21-2019, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Princess View Post
My husband and I are currently in the process of researching various 55+ communities in Florida. Did you do this prior to selecting TV? What did you discover and why did you chose TV? We have visited our parents here several times and always have fun. However, the pace of growth is making me nervous as we have a 3-4 year timeline.
First of all my background is in sales. Realize that your inquiry here will result in a distortion. No matter what the product is people who own it will say how great it is.

We bought five years ago and have no regrets. However there is no shortage of other choices. Including other states and other life styles.

You mention that it is you and your husband and a 3-4 year timeline. I would suggest you each WRITE a list of what is important to you. What you want to do. Teasing a bit but might be the case. If, your husband hopes to restore, farm tractors, build a boat, a plane space an regulations would likely make that impossible.

Far as growth, this place is a planed community and it is congested. The good news is there is plenty to do. No shortage of shopping, medical care, lectures etc. However, if you hope to find a wilderness to explore on a dirt bike, you will likely find a villager behind every tree.

When we were looking, I recall seeing a listing for an island in North Carolina. It was a nice house, several acres, came with a herd of wild horses and priced at one million. There are homes in the villages that go for that. You call the electric company
for a repair, you can look at him/her directly in the mirror.