View Single Post

Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy View Post
If you look at the roundabout brochure, it specifically states that you should “Never change lanes in a roundabout”. This means that if you are going 3/4 around, you should enter a gate in the visitors lane. The statement is written in red on the brochure. If you follow the lines that show a left hand turn, (3/4 around), you’ll see the line going into the visitors’ gate.
I will not enter my gate in the visitors lane. Then I have to get to the right very quickly to make the first right turn as I leave the gate. I'm a resident and I will always use resident gates. I will not wait for the visitors to ask questions and get directions. I will not wait as the visitor can not figure out what to do when they passed the non manned red button.

As I exit the RAB in the inside lane, I always look in my mirror to make sure my path is clear. Then I proceed to change lanes as I exit the RAB. I'm not actually in the RAB but just leaving it as I change lanes. Then I go through the resident entry.

I know I'm retired and I have all the time in the world to spend sitting at the gates. Sorry, just not going to do it.

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-22-2019 at 01:32 PM.