View Single Post

Old 05-22-2019, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

There are many similar situations, for example, a relative lives in a mobile home, while investigating a wiring problem I found well over 50% of the wires were loose in the switches or receptacles. As it turns out this particular brand had been recalled bu UL as a fire hazard, but there was no way of notifying all of the effected people. I actually called UL directly when I found the problem, and they explained the situation to me. This appears to be a similar situation, while we did get a listing of the materials in our house (we built), in discussion with home warranty I got the impression that this data is on an old system, as they could not get me another copy when I lost my original one. I am guessing that home warranty my not be able to actually search their system to provide a list homes with these devices. On the other hand the sales department should have a list of homes that were previously leased or rented out and could send out postcards to the current owners.
Unfortunately there are so many similar situations where the current owners cannot be notified (car seats, strollers, air bags to name a few).
I do not have any additional ideas other than my original one to give the info to the fire department, and they may be able to do something.