View Single Post

Old 05-22-2019, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I was going to say something similar in reference to the weather. I lived in Cumming, Georgia in 1988, that just east of where your moving and we had 4" of snow and everything shut down for a week. They have no snow removal equipment, other than Starvin Marvin, everything was closed, even the malls.

Cumming is in Forsyth County, I really liked going over to Lake Lanier, huge lake and didn't have to worry about gators. It was pretty sparse living out there, but via GA 400 you could be in Atlanta in 30 minutes. I noticed the place you're moving homes are in the upper $300's to $500k, little too high for me.

One thing that was so unusual about Forsyth County was when I was there in '88, Oprah had just been on TV a couple of years and was trying to get noticed, so she brough her show down to the Holiday Inn in Cumming for a week. You see, Forsyth County doesn't have one black person in the entire county. I guess she saw a problem with that.

You could stayed in Florida, just 75 minutes away and gotten the same things you're going to get, plus nicer weather and saved a couple of $200K on your home by going to Pasco County. Here's a place I mentioned on another thread, Heritage Pines in Hudson, FL. It's also built out and truly gated entrance.

Did you research other communities?