View Single Post

Old 05-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
Nope, nothing doing. But it did go from 83 to 77 so there has been some progress. C'mon Chuck, I know you are so popular you are probably hysterically busy so I'll be patient. But at least call back ... please.

It doesn't help that my blood is boiling after having just read another thread titled "Blatantly Obnoxious".
I was NOTHING but when I read that. I knew it was going to ruffle some feathers especially given the number of NY households Tal has reported in his daily report that are from NY.

I must say, I had that stereotypical view of NY'ers too until we actually visited NY.

A couple examples of how nice NY'ers were to us. We were taking the subway from Brooklyn to Manhatten and were pretty clueless on how it worked. The person in the ticket booth actually came out of his booth, walked us to a ticket machine, showed us the tickets we wanted and how to purchase them. Then showed us the route schedule/map. Told us what train to get on, what stop to transfer at and what stop to get off at.

The second act of kindness was getting back to Brooklyn that night. We were already on the train and looking at the map. A ypoung lady heard us talking about what stop we wanted and knew we were lost tourists. So she asked where we were going and we told her Brooklyn. She said we were on the right train but going in the wrong direction. We were heading for Queens.. She told us not to get off at the next stop because we would have to go back up to street level and have to pay again. So she told us what stop to get off so we could just transfer over to the other track.

I love NY'ers now..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!