Thread: Lifestyle Visit
View Single Post

Old 05-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you already know the lifestyle, then the homes and location are going to be your main interest. Less than 5 years old, that would put you in the Brownwood area. Here's a map of Brownwood, you'll probably be staying in Alden Bungalows, which are masonry courtyard villas, they are immediately to the west of Brownwood just off the map. Take the golf cart that will be in the garage and drive around everywhere as you can. You'll get a better look at homes and various neighborhoods closeup rather than in a air conditioned car.

Ask your agent, I presume you're talking with someone with TV, and they give you a map. Just drive through the square (the commercial area) that's pictured on the map and go north on Buena Visa, east on Hillsborough, cross Morse and go all the way around Moyer Loop, check out shopping at Colony, go west on Pinellas. If you feel secure in your adventures cross 466A at Colony through the tunnel and explore Hemingway, Duval and St. James. I live just across 466A in Tamarind Grove, I like that because it's 3-1/2 miles to LSL and 3-1/2 miles to Brownwood. Within 20 minutes in my golf cart with my clubs on the back, I can be at Arnold Palmer, Mallory, Cane Garden, Havana, Bonifay, Belle Glade and Evans Prairie golf courses. They are all 27 hole championship layouts. That's the main reason I moved here, inland and not near the coast where I grew up.

The Villages Florida