View Single Post

Old 05-23-2019, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I was in Virginia visiting the grand kids last week and went to the grocery store and bought fruit. And I do know how to buy good fruit. I got watermelon, pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes, and peaches and made them a big fresh fruit platter. All fruit was excellent.

When I got home I went to Publix and bought almost the same fruits. No peaches as they didn't have any. It was all terrible, no taste, mealy, dry, worst fruit ever. I have tried all the different stores here, Publix, Aldi's, Fresh Market, Walmart, Winn Dixie and the same thing.

I can't seem to buy decent fruit in Florida. You would think it would be just the opposite, but I find the fruit here terrible. I can usually get decent grapes and apples and sometimes blueberries, but almost everything else is awful.

Why can't we get decent fruit here? What I bought in Virginia came from all over and it was all excellent. Here it was all awful. WHY?
It seems like your post is more of a statement than a question. But...

We buy our fruit at Sam's, the Farmers Market (Brownwood) and Publix. Having lived in Virginia for 50+ years, I don't notice any huge difference, or lack of quality of the fruit down here.