View Single Post

Old 05-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post
Very well said. I wish i could have verbalized it so well in a few threads i participated in about 'the golf course conditions" It was if some thought the developer was under a personal attack and needed to be protected by his/her own personal national guard. Again...you've summarized very well...in my opinion
I think that it takes a while for new people to realize just how this place works. Many of these exchanges are based on getting to know more about just how the systems do function in The Villages and the differences about Florida in general.

Many of these debates or attacks or defenses are caused by whether the reader or writer is a positive or negative person, whether they are realistic in their expectations of most situations, and whether they are truly defining the problem accurately.

That said, some people are very unrealistic in their expectations and are quick to blame the Morse enterprise for just about everything. They expect the Morse enterprise to protect them from sinkholes, and rising costs and things far beyond their control, like the level of health care in Florida. Some truly do not understand the way supply and demand functions and expect an awful lot for not much money and expect businesses to appear because they want them to appear. They are quick to put blame where there is none and continue to recycle rumors and conspiracy theories and say that the price of rent of commercial properties is too high without investigating and comparing like systems in other parts of the country and the world.

There are other people who are too trusting of the developer and their business associates and believe they can do no wrong. There are those who see a great possibility that we could be taken advantage of and gouged and want to have a government system that is entirely run on votes in the traditional way. There are those that see that "the family" is changing roles and strengths and are not the same people with the same jobs that they used to have. They are worried about human frailties and human mistakes by the humans behind the curtain.

It is indeed a problem. And people will continue addressing it as they have done all of the problems before in their life.