Thread: Stinky Perfume
View Single Post

Old 05-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,510 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Whats wrong with black socks and wing tips, especially @ pool side--great way to pick up women--what a look
I wore black socks for two days in a row this week. But that was to hide the bloodstains. I danced so hard (barefoot, doh) in the Square I developed blood blisters that burst almost immediately. I was, quite literally, a bloody mess.

Back to wearing white socks now, but walking around in open-toed shoes will have to wait another few days. I can go in the pool, finally, but only as long as I bandage up again when I get ready to go back to the house.

On-topic: wearing too much of any scent is overwhelming to most people, but some folks are more sensitive than others, and some are especially sensitive to certain fragrances or natural essential oils. I have an old miniature bottle of Shalimar that belonged to my mom. She kept it on her dresser and I remember seeing it back in the 1960's. It could be even older than that but I was born in '61 so I wouldn't remember any further back The alcohol has completely evaporated, leaving just a brown smudge of perfume base at the bottom of the bottle. When I open it, it smells exactly as it did when it was full, over 50 years ago. I open it once in awhile when I'm feeling nostalgic. The smell brings back good memories.