View Single Post

Old 05-25-2019, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,180 Times in 1,936 Posts

I wouldn't say it is ignorance or laziness. I don't use directionals in the RABs but I do use directionals every where else on all roadways.

Here is my two main reasons for not using directionals in RABs......

First of all, the RABs are so small, directionals are not really visible to folks when they are too busy navigating and exits come up so quickly, it seems counter intuitive to turn on the directional.

Most importantly...........I NEVER EVER trust a turned on directional is truly a signal of intention. This is for RABs and also all other roadways, highways included. I always wait to see the car actually go into the turn or lane change for highway driving to verify that is the actual intention of the driver. Trust then verify is my mantra. I have seen way too many directionals blinking that did not indicate where the driver was actually going. Have you ever seen that? I'm sure you have.

So, long story short....why bother turning on a directional when you can't really trust it anyway? This is defensive driving on overdrive but I much prefer to be safe than sorry.