Thread: First Man
View Single Post

Old 05-25-2019, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I had one of those "Where's the flag!" screamers when I saw it too. Good review of the movie, though.

I wish we could get back to the movie rather than all this current events oriented political crap.

Any one can wave a flag. It means next to NOTHING. That person may or may not believe in what makes this country great-- those are the ideals that are in the US Constitution.
I have not seen the movie, nor know nothing about the movie.

If you are correct and it was a movie about the man and the family, and not simply the landing on the moon, then I agree with you Tals. It is just lip service.

Patriotism is not the flag...that is much too easy. Patriotism is honor, truth and how a life is lived defending American values.

I also love films that delve into the characters, and I support the statement..."Anyone can wave a flag"...as I said that is simple to do and does not a patriot make. I will assume Jerry Bells statement about accuracy is ..well, accurate, and if so what do people want ?

Accuracy in the telling should preclude anything else.

Tals...about s this true from JerryLBells post......"When the flag appeared on the screen a few minutes later, I felt like shouting back, "THERE'S the flag, moron!" but though I would not disturb my fellow movie goers further." Of course I mean that it appeared and accurately was shown ?

If so, what's the problem.....faking it would be so much worse