Forums

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 05-26-2019, 11:02 AM

Well, I finally had enough of my cable service. With an internet speed of 20 Mbps and basic cable for ~$180/month, I was tired of being fleeced. So, Century Link is now my ISP at 80 Mbps for $45/month. I am also a subscriber of Netflix and Amazon Prime for a couple of years and that won't change for the near future. It only made since to go with Amazon Fire Sticks since I was a subscriber already. So I purchased 4 Fire Sticks. Two for 4K TVs and 2 for TVs that have lower resolutions. Along with that I subscribed to Hulu Live at $44.95 not counting taxes and fees. I couldn't be happier. All of those coaxial cables are gone and so is the company that abused me for so long. OH, one last tidbit. I still work from home as a DBA and must connect to my servers over VPN. It works great. The cable companies equipment that is used for bundling TV, Phone and Internet has crippled firmware, making a VPN connection impossible. The bottom line is: I have more to watch (or cruise when I am bored) plus internet that is 4 times faster and essentially 1/2 the price. It felt really good kicking cable to the curb.