View Single Post

Old 05-26-2019, 11:02 AM

Well, I finally had enough of my cable service. With an internet speed of 20 Mbps and basic cable for ~$180/month, I was tired of being fleeced. So, Century Link is now my ISP at 80 Mbps for $45/month. I am also a subscriber of Netflix and Amazon Prime for a couple of years and that won't change for the near future. It only made since to go with Amazon Fire Sticks since I was a subscriber already. So I purchased 4 Fire Sticks. Two for 4K TVs and 2 for TVs that have lower resolutions. Along with that I subscribed to Hulu Live at $44.95 not counting taxes and fees. I couldn't be happier. All of those coaxial cables are gone and so is the company that abused me for so long. OH, one last tidbit. I still work from home as a DBA and must connect to my servers over VPN. It works great. The cable companies equipment that is used for bundling TV, Phone and Internet has crippled firmware, making a VPN connection impossible. The bottom line is: I have more to watch (or cruise when I am bored) plus internet that is 4 times faster and essentially 1/2 the price. It felt really good kicking cable to the curb.