Thread: A close second?
View Single Post

Old 05-27-2019, 04:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I am certain there are many wonderful choices among the many retirement communities in Florida and elsewhere. None of them is likely to meet all the needs of every individual or couple. in making a case for The Villages I would point out that no other 55+ community is even close to the scale of TV. There has to be a reason that so many people have chosen this community over so many others. Now, the other side of that coin could be, perhaps the size has become a negative for some people. It has not adversely affected me in the least, but I can listen to that argument with some level of understanding. I am a golfer and the golf here is pretty good, quite accessible, and relatively inexpensive. Most other retirement communities offer far less golfing options, if any, and more expensive fees. You can live on or close to the beach elsewhere, but generally the golf is relatively expensive and less available. I like the beach, but frankly, I don't need to be at the beach every day. From TV we can get to a day at the beach within two hours on the gulf or the Atlantic and that scratches that itch for me every 2-4 weeks. Everyone has different needs, desires, passions, and turn-offs so many choices are available to cater to those differences. Hopefully you will find the closest to perfect place for you. Have fun on your lifestyle preview!