View Single Post

Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

I'll lead the responses with a half full / half empty discussion. Right now Monarch Grove is a sand pit, with many roads and utilities in, with the promise of yet another thriving village. I've owned in the very developed and mature area between 466 and 466A since 2016, but just recently became a full time resident. Last year I retired, and brought my brothers down for a week and we took a "road trip" down to Fenney and played on the then recently opened putt putt course. Fenney was nearly built out, and Desoto under construction. some site work was being done in McClure and marsh bend. I didnt have a clue what Linden and Monarch Grove might be. When you have a project that encompasses 250 new homes per month, 13-15 months is an eternity. Riverbend and Swallowtail open tomorrow and the beat goes on. Is it close to things ? Right now definitely NOT. You have the very pleasant Fenney Grill as the ONLY eatery within several miles. You have the Publix on 44 as the closest grocery store, with the promise of another on Warm Springs . perhaps in a year or 2. From where I am today, i can get to several regional rec centers, family and adult pools, within minutes, and sumter and brownwood are equidistant. 466A near trailwinds is developing nicely, albeit almost a decade after neighborhoods north and south of it were built. Will the migration to the new sections bring a vibrancy of community like prior building has ? Probably .. Will warm springs, 501, 44 get the commercial development that 466 and 466A have seen over the years ?? Probably. Much of the baby boomer population has prided themselves on delayed gratification. So, are you willing to wait for all that follow on development and expecting to live to see those young trees grow into mature landscapes ? I see it as a toss up .. moving to The Villages is a no brainer .. going into a mature area where many friendships already exist, or being a pioneer of sorts and being a founding member of a new village or community is a very personal decision.