View Single Post

Old 05-31-2019, 08:18 AM
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado and The Village of Cason Hammock

We just signed an agreement and wired our deposit for Monarch Grove and appreciate you starting this thread. I obviously don’t have any community experience except for searching for a lot... This is my first post on the forum.

We’ve been visiting and seriously looking for over two years. Monarch’s location is maybe not my all-time favorite, but unfortunately we waited too long, missed some opportunities (you have to buy when you see and like or gone), and there aren’t many available build lots at similar prices out there (per sales agent). We were there last weekend and basically in two days drove by and saw almost every available lot. We saw what literally is a huge sand pile! Considering that MG is today the most southern development site and proximity with a power station and federal prison, I’d be lying if I didn’t say I still have that “should we keep looking” feeling.

On the positive side in our two years of looking I’ve seen how quickly a sand pile can become a mature and beautiful community. I am not that skilled at making friends given long work hours and travel (yea good excuse and not many hobbies too). For me getting into a new community and all of us being newbies is one reason for optimism within Monarch Grove. The big reason is TV seems to know what their doing to build stellar communities (not a paid spokesman) just IMHO.

I look forward to reading other resident responses and will extend a neighborly hello from Flint Loop to you and others in early 2020!

All the best!