Thread: Slow play
View Single Post

Old 06-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,955 Times in 1,161 Posts

The afternoon teetimes on the championships right now are a good pace of play. On Friday 5/31 we had a teetime of 1:00 at Belle Glade (Calusa > Tequesta), at 12:30 when my neighbor and I were paying in the clubhouse they said we're next on the tee. We have to wait for our third player.

We went to the Calusa starter shack and checked in and he said, were next up. I called our third player who lives close by in Labelle. We went to the practice green and when our third showed, we teed off at 12:45.

We never had to wait on the entire 18 holes, first time this has happened in a few years. Nobody in sight in front us all day, the three of us finished the 18 holes about 4:00, that was about 3+15 minutes from the time we started. We play ready golf, when you're ready you hit, don't have to wait for honors, but we did take the stick out when putting close range. It was a very enjoyable afternoon.

I think since they have the discount golf at 4pm now, it has eliminated some of the early afternoon golfers. For $34 it was a good deal for us, the fairways could use a little more grass.