Thread: Balloon bust !!
View Single Post

Old 06-03-2019, 09:19 AM
Default Balloon Festival

We bought VIP tickets for the Balloon Festival - $250 each. We were sent tickets & info in the mail. But we did not get a VIP car pass so we had to fight with the parking person each time we entered the VIP area. We were assured that there would be shuttle service from our car to the VIP tent. Not true. My husband has difficulty walking distances and that is why we bought VIP tickets. I had to flag down a garbage cart for a ride for my husband. One volunteer used her own golf cart to help my husband. Every volunteer was friendly & helpful but they were clueless about where things were and what was going on. The VIP tent & food -- excellent! However we never knew when lunch or dinner was being served. I didn't know until Sunday evening that the VIP had a special bathroom as there was no sign on the trailer. The bathrooms were BEAUTIFUL and clean. The VIP tickets did not include drinks. I should think for $250 PER PERSON we'd get a voucher for 2 or 3 drinks. We even had to pay for soft drinks and water. The bands played too loud constantly and there was no variety of music. How about some 50's songs?