View Single Post

Old 06-03-2019, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,742 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Not everyone over 65 is on Medicare. Some of us have private insurance and use VHS. I was warned, though, that if my situation changed (no private insurance and on Medicare) I would have to be on a Medicare Advantage plan or find a new doctor.

And as others pointed out, there is a long wait to get your first appointment. On the flip side, though, I was surprised at how efficiently the place is run (kinda like TV, ya know?)

kathy
I am not on Medicare Part B. I have Medicare Part A and private insurance. There is no premium for Part A, and it is pretty much automatic when you turn 65. The Villages Health representative at the Colony Primary Care Center told me this morning that my private insurance (or any private insurance) would not be accepted at any of the seven Primary Care Centers in The Villages because I am eligible to purchase Medicare Part B. In order to use their primary care facilities, I would need to sign up for Medicare and purchase the United Health Advantage plan. Is it possible that there are people in The Villages who are over 65 and do not qualify to purchase Medicare? The representative said that, since I am eligible for Medicare, I must purchase their Advantage plan or they will not treat me.