View Single Post

Old 06-03-2019, 12:34 PM

First thing you need to understand is that a golf cart does not care what source the electricity comes from as long as its within the acceptable voltage range for your system components and can provide sufficient amperage.

Lithium cleaner, requires almost no maintenance and is safer than FLA batteries provided 3 simple rules are followed, they are never allowed to be overcharged, undercharged or stored over 130 degrees. To do this a Battery Management System (BMS) MUST be used to monitor each cell of the battery pack individually and the BMS must be capable of disconnecting the battery if any cell is over/under voltage.

There are a number of companies on Ebay and the internet that advertise "plug and play" lithium battery replacements that don't have a BMS that will disconnect the battery pack if over/under voltage. Do your research.

I have done quite a bit of research into lithium conversions and have built two 120AH lithium battery packs out of Nissan Leaf modules. I am currently using only 100AH of the capacity. I converted over a 06 Club Car Precedent (DC motor) and a 16 Ezgo RXV (AC motor). The Precedent gets conservatively 40-43 miles and the RXV gets 50-55.

In a 48v cart a 60AH battery pack will get you approximately 20-25 miles and a 120AH pack will get around 40-50 miles.

Orange Blossom to Brownwood and back with a comfortable amount of reserve is not a problem using only 100AH.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk