Thread: Balloon bust !!
View Single Post

Old 06-04-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Since you were not there and read it on the internet you really have no idea how long (or how many) were parked there. Just because someone said it on the internet does not make it accurate. If it was "just minutes" the carts would have been gone before the gendarme actually arrived. The intent was obviously to watch the show from outside. OBVIOUSLY someone called in the swat team with a complaint and if they were given permission by TPTB then they did nothing (legally) wrong. If they just did it on their own volition then they should answer for it. Personally I think it was a dumb move but the question was not whether it was dumb or smart but how they decided to do it. If they were given "official" permission they did nothing wrong whether anyone liked it or not.
You continue to miss the point a bit. The gentleman who was made to move along wrote his experience in a local letter. I wish I remember where it was published. My point of forwarding his issue was to point out something obvious, The sheriff's department in my research has no authority over golf cart paths that are on private property. For example, let's suppose some of the residents came out into their backyards, sat down in a lawn chair and proceeded to look toward the polo fields. Do the deputies have the authority to bully these folk and make them go inside their homes. It is all about private property.