Thread: Balloon bust !!
View Single Post

Old 06-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,373 Times in 3,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by refeik View Post
You continue to miss the point a bit. The gentleman who was made to move along wrote his experience in a local letter. I wish I remember where it was published. My point of forwarding his issue was to point out something obvious, The sheriff's department in my research has no authority over golf cart paths that are on private property. For example, let's suppose some of the residents came out into their backyards, sat down in a lawn chair and proceeded to look toward the polo fields. Do the deputies have the authority to bully these folk and make them go inside their homes. It is all about private property.
Not "all about" private property. It's more a matter of local ordinances. I don't know what those ordinances are, haven't looked them up.

But you can be sure that if someone commits an actual crime on one of those golf cart paths, it absolutely positively falls under the jurisdiction of the Sheriff's office. Murders, robbery, assault, battery, theft, shooting up illegal substances, are all fair game for the police to handle if it's brought to their attention.

No idea what, if any, authority they'd have over golf carts lining up on the side of the golf cart path to watch an event for free, that others paid for the privilege of watching. But to say "it's all about private property" is inaccurate.