View Single Post

Old 06-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,800 Times in 736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
My husband has just had a birthday. We have two sons who run their own businesses and are extremely busy. This year they both opted to send their Father digital birthday cards and I can tell that he is not impressed. He is not a techy, and they KNOW this, and I know he would much sooner have had a card telling him that he is the best Father in the whole world than a digital card on the computer.

Interested in your opinion on this. Is he being overly sensitive, or are they being uncaring?

So how would you handle this?
I will tell you gently, he is being far too sensitive. This reminds me of my uncle, in the late eighties, bragging to everyone how he finally found a new car WITHOUT air conditioning. He couldn’t understand why anyone would have that feature in their car. What it boiled down to is the fact he wasn’t able to adjust to changing times.

It becomes more difficult to adapt to change as we age. Currently, there is a session planned in The Villages on the future of trash management because there are major issues since China will no longer accept recyclables from the USA. Less trash was generated with the online cards, yippee.

An online card and best of all, a phone call, are wonderful recognition of a birthday. Celebrate the fact his sons love him and try to remember we will see many changes in the way our children live their lives versus our younger lives. Please wish your husband a belated happy birthday from the online crowd!