View Single Post

Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 PM

The speed of these carts is really getting out of hand. The retail places in the Villages think they are getting around this by refusing to sell carts that go over the Villages "allowed" speed. I recently found out it's not just "a little" business they loose, more and more people are buying from dealers outside the V's, so not selling carts that exceed the limit probably has little impact. Of course there are also those who work on their own carts ! When you think about it, should it be up to the Chevy DEALER to make sure the cars they sell will not go over 70 even though the car will do close to 120 or more ? I just think there are people everywhere that think nothing applies to them personally IF it is not something they wish to follow. We have a large sign here that says Please DO NOT place dog feces in this trash can. I mean it is summer, in Florida and some human being has to CLEAN this can, well all understand this, yet, everyday you see a person to whom this does not apply. While others are all over the place with their fast food type disposable gloves, their plastic bags of poop to carry home to dispose of at their own property, there is always someone dropping it right into the trash can for all to enjoy the aroma while lounging around the pool or postal station. It's life any where, always some special people. Same with those who will walk their dogs 2, 3 blocks away and stand in the street while they WATCH their dogs do their "duty" in someone else's lawn...then, without any shame, walk into the yard and pick up the poop (IF the home owner is lucky !), if not, they simply leave the poo ? Sure better than letting fido poo in their own grass on their property for sure ! People ? What are they thinking ? More and more I have to force myself to ignore this, with the huge population growth here, I guess the actual percentage of such people does not change, it's just that the development has grown so large so perhaps I notice the disrespect and dangerous behavior more compared to years past. Same with renters, I never used to see any difference rather a "renter" or an "owner", now, well, I don't want to seem like a negative person, so I try not to notice the rude behavior, don't want to paint every "renter" with a broad brush, but the way some of them drive the owner's golf cart, makes you wonder. Over Easter holiday the rental home down the street (comes with a cart) had four "children", one definitely looked old enough to have a license, the others no way. They were out riding every single night of the vacation, driving late at night, I tunes blaring from their cell phones, honking the horn of the cart, going as fast as possible around and around the block (probably had been told NOT to leave the immediate vicinity ?). I kept telling myself, kids will be kids, do NOT turn into a crabby old lady who calls the police....LOL ! Wish I did have the answers too all these things mentioned in this and the other forums ! I want to make sure to stay a happy, positive, person. I guess I will have to work hard to keep my eyes, and my ears, closed...LOL !

Last edited by Ladygolfer93; 06-05-2019 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling error