View Single Post

Old 06-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
This is just my personal opinion. Pit bulls can't be trusted no matter how they are bred by the breeder and raised by the owner. They are killing machines. I wish they became extinct.
People are killing machines too but it doesn't keep me from living near them. What's worse, is that at least dogs have two excuses: instinct and poor training by their handlers. People do it with conscious intention, purposefully, no matter how they were trained. I'm very glad people aren't extinct, regardless of the whackos who kill tossed into the mix.

Pit bulls are no more or less inclined to bite someone than any other breed of dog. Their bite is more dangerous than the bite of a less powerful dog, so they're likely to do more damage when they bite, than a less powerful dog.

The pit mix across the street was attacked by the other neighbor's dog a couple of years ago. The other neighbor's dog was some kind of lab mix. It took two of us to get that lab off the pit, and the pit needed stitches in his shoulder.

How did that happen? The lab was badly trained and its handler didn't bother to make sure his screen door was completely closed, when our neighbor was walking his pitt - on a leash - down the sidewalk in front of their house.

Maybe those owners should become extinct. But not the dogs.