View Single Post

Old 06-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
Small note that Axis 360 and Hoopla both work with a Kindle Fire tablet; you just need to install the apps.
Yes, you can use a Kindle Fire or almost any tablet to check out library books using Axis 360, but you are really not downloading them in the Kindle format, and I don't think you can transfer the books to a Kindle, non-internet, Ereader wirelessly. With the Overdrive app, you can select a Kindle formated book on the internet and electronically deliver it to your Kindle Ereader in the Kindle format. I find it much more convenient to read ebooks on a Kindle Ereader that has a screen that is more like an actual book, and can be read in any type of lighting. Unfortunately, the Sumter County library has chosen to not use the Overdrive app for their ebooks. Overdrive is far superior to the Axis 360 app. So, if you like to read ebooks on a Kindle Ereader, I would suggest that you get a Lake County library card and use the Overdrive app. However, if you live in Sumter County, you will need to pay a fee for the card.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 06-06-2019 at 05:42 PM.