View Single Post

Old 06-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvdd1 View Post
I just recently moved into The Villages and I am still slowly moving into my new house in the Village of Marsh Bend.
I have been an avid marathon runner all my life and this last Friday while attempting to complete my daily six mile run, ( still can’t get accustomed to the Florida heat ) I momentarily stepped into the Publix located near Brownwood for a quick bite to eat and to cool down.

Upon entering into the Publix, still perspiring profusely and still wearing my running gear (clothes), I was immediately accosted by two older Villages ladies who were also shopping at the Publix.

One lady approached me and offered to “bend-over” in front of me and help me select an item from the lower shelf. Yet another older female shopper noted that I had a stain on my running shorts and she offered to meet her back at her house in order that she may wash my running shorts.

My question; What’s up with some of the older single / married female residents of The Villages? Is it possible that there are so many female residents here that are just so lonely?
I think they were having some fun at your expense and btw, they never claimed to live in The Villages.. sorry if you were the butt of their jokes. You were shopping near the fringes.