View Single Post

Old 06-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
I hope someone alerted them so they would have a chance to stop and recover their groceries.

I have a hard time seeing any humor in their situation.

Maybe you had to have been there.....

Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Sorry, but I do... How could a driver and a passenger NOT realize the back hatch is open in a moving SUV?

My guess is that they loaded the grocery bags and pushed the electric hatch closure button, then walked to the front doors and started the vehicle...a bag or such prevented the hatch to completely close and reversed open. They drove off and viola'. One would think the noise from the rear would have alerted them... wind noise, road noise, crashing of bags...
And I would hope so as well. Anyone not trying to alert the women just goes to show that there truly are mean-spirited folks driving thru the Villages [and probably living there, too]. I have always appreciated the kind man who honked down my husband as he started to enter Rt I-95 from a rest area with the tailgate open and our belongings at risk!