Thread: Fruit trees
View Single Post

Old 06-09-2019, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
If the owners are gone, I'm surprised that neighbors just don't help themselves. I certainly would!

Also, don't they have someone taking care of their yard? You would think their lawn person would take care of picking up what's fallen to the ground.

We had two fruit trees (grapefruit & a lime) when we moved in... but got rid of them after a year.

Not only won't the lawn cutters pick the fallen ones up (nor be expected to), but we couldn't get rid of them to the neighbors fast enough and inevitably (even on a week trip)...there would be fruit on the ground.

It got old.

The fruit is also attractive to undesirable 'critters'...so we decided to get rid of them.

The neighbor in back, who we told could have as much as she wanted, anytime she wanted (she didn't even come close to keeping up with the production), actually became angry and asked me..."why did you cut down those trees?"

I was in shock at the accusatory tone and said..."because it was on my property and chose to."

She's moved and other neighbors have since told me similar stories...of the piece of work that she really was.