View Single Post

Old 06-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default What was old is new again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I’m afraid the only difference, even though I applaud the attempt, is the ocean will be filled with glass shards and glass debris. Too many lazy people out there. The only way to manage glass is a healthy deposit on it.
I recall about 1959 all bottles were glass. The small ones had a deposit of .02 and the big ones (like the one liter sodas we often buy) were a nickle. Inflation etc that was serious money.

Here in the Villages, I think we have more than one trash collecting company. Ours is waste management. I recall, when we first moved in calling their company the lady I spoke to was very pleasant. I truly wonder and asked her why we BUY paper bags to throw out garden waste and plastic bags to throw out mostly paper and food waste. We both had a good laugh. Imagine if we as I always did in the past, got cardboard boxes that the grocery etc pay to get rid of and filled them with your garden waste-both can be composted. Heck some people are real fans of MELORGANITE. It is minnesota SEWAGE. SELLING their processed POOP all over the United States.