View Single Post

Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Sage
Default Public apology demanded!

Well! I have never been so insulted in my life!! Tkret's remark about franco american was completely uncalled for! He has never tasted my delicious home cooking and i have informed him emphatically that he never will unless i receive a public apology on this forum!

Meanwhile, i did not eat pasta at the festival but rather a nice sicilian rice ball and half a canoli. (i shared with my wonderful son who was visiting). The tempting aroma of italian sausage filled the air but i resisted.

I never realized how many italian songs are out there until i heard a whole evening of them...so much fun and great memories as my folks' idea of a good time was gathering around the piano, played by my dad by ear, with my brother playing his guitar and my uncle bob playing his harmonica and everyone singing with gusto, and of course followed by wonderful food, a little wine, and expresso with anisette....anyone have similar memories out there?

Was reminiscing with johnnym and we wondered if the old traditions would survive the next generation....or will they die with us?

But on to happier thoughts....don't forget the singles dance friday night, 7 pm at mulberry grove center..a duo is playing, and the dress is described as dressy casual....i am looking forward to high heels as we do not get many occasions to wear them! Tickets are $8 and bring your resident or guest pass....hope to see a big crowd there! The usual suspects will be gathering at table 13. Is that a good omen? One can buy tickets ahead at any box office but i think they will be available at the door (?) don't know for sure, though.... Let's keep this thread alive....