View Single Post

Old 06-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Why are some of you so angry? I can guarantee that no school had a PETA assembly to brainwash your grandchildren. Some people find foods enjoyable which others dislike. Bush hated broccoli. Whether a plant based diet is better for your health is debatable.
I know PETA spokespersons were invited and came into at least one California school and spoke back in the 1990s. One child I knew well was severely adversely impacted by them. As I understand it the parents were not informed until it was over and too late. Tragic!

Humans evolved as omnivores. Historically Eskimos lived primarily on animal protein. Other cultures have been mostly vegetarian. Historically, most humans had no choice but to eat what was available to them and when it was available. The transition from hunting and gathering to farming for most was not a healthy move but that is what happened and resulted in huge gains to the human population although at great nutritional cost, at least initially. Probably the meat of modern domesticated for food animals is too fatty to be healthy, at least in quantity.

When I was young I ate a lot of red meat; now I rarely do. I currently mostly eat a variety of vegetables and fruit. I feel better eating that way at my age.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 06-11-2019 at 05:31 PM.