Thread: Slow play
View Single Post

Old 06-11-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzfun View Post
First of all most ambassadors only have the "job" because they want 1/2 price golf. Years ago the developer's policy was not to enforce pace of play. Very few ambassadors even bother to try.

There are those idiotic signs at starter shacks that say "think ready golf." They should say "play ready golf." Would probably still be a waste of paper.

So many players do not play ready golf. Years ago I played at an area offsite course with pace of play rules posted. #1 was: at the first notice of slow play, you will be asked to pick up the pace. #2 was: at the second notice of slow play you will be asked to move to the 150 yd. marker, or next tee box, whichever is closer. #3 was: at the third notice you will be asked to leave the course.

In TV slow players manage the courses. If fast/normal speed players don't like it they can leave. Of course it should be the other way around.

Each nine holes on championship holes is timed separately. You can be 1/2 hour behind on the first 9, and right on time on the second.

I've been in groups behind slow players with open holes and have had the ambassador tell us that there are no open holes, or we are right on pace. Essentially calling us liars. I try to avoid interacting with ambassadors at all.

Yes, I am retired. But being on the course for 4 1/2 to 5 hours for a round of golf is not my idea of fun. I don't play as well as I did 20 years ago, but I still play well. Slow play is not my idea of fun.

Sad that this will never change.
Sorry you are wrong on several counts:

You are correct each nine is timed but if you are 10 minutes down on the front you are 10 minutes down on the back.

The "developer NEVER said don't enforce pace of play.

The pace of play for champ courses is 4 hours 16 minutes.