Thread: Slow play
View Single Post

Old 06-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Default Move it along little doggy!

What I don’t understand is my dad said there is no play through allowed on the course. There were plenty of times that nobody was behind us and still the other people were terrible and wouldn’t let us play through. I didn’t understand until dad told me it was against the rules because each group was being timed.
Ok then how about these people who haven’t teed off yet and instead are up in the carts having themselves a social outing while we have just played an entire hole and they still haven’t teed off. Then there are the ones who take one club with them and then walk back to the cart to get another. The other writers are so right in that take a club under and over if you are not sure which club you need. I do that all of the time.
The rule is that on a par three that you get six strokes not six putts. When your ball is close enough to hole bend over and pick it up. We are not on the pro tours here. Ok I can see if there are golfers who are that good that it matters about the score but most players here aren’t that good. Nobody needs to have a discussion about their technique and a lesson while on the green.
As far as the ball marks and the pits may as just resolve that their people who think they are entitled because they live here. I agree with one guy a few weeks ago who said it is just easy to fix a ball mark or rake a sand pit if you are standing right next to it. It doesn’t hurt and there is no use of making a stand well if he didn’t do it I am certainly not going to do it for him. Again the point of not having a gathering at everyone who is playing and how they hit their ball. If you are on the other side of the course and not in front of the other player then get your club out of your bag and if it is your turn next be ready to hit the ball. If everyone tried to have consideration for others it would be much more enjoyable. This is why I prefer to play in the evening. Most people have gone to eat and there are never as many people playing in the evenings as during the day.