View Single Post

Old 06-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default Medical

Comments are my opinion complete with how I got there.

In my business frankly, if I made a mistake, I most it cost a customer a few bucks and I either corrected the problem or ate the financial loss.

Enter a doctor. He/she/ it holds your life, your health, your quality of life in their hands. Among other things the patient may well have other issues, may not be honest with the doctor or even with themselves. On top of that there profession is not even titled medical science it is medical arts. Essentially a current opinion often another wrinkle is what insurance will pay for likely normal tested but not the latest. For that matter, while we do not dare to think that way it is gambling chance of success vs chance of harm.

We all choose a doctor because, he/she/it takes your insurance.
Your friend on Talk of the Villages likes him/she/it and you like their personality. Are they the best? Also, interesting and frustrating.

Old story and not in Florida. A friend was told his mom needed a coronary bypass. He went to the place that advertised they have the highest survival rate. Wow best batting average.
It meant NOTHING. They refused to do her surgery due to a common preexisting condition. Hey, if you only get the best patients your success rate will be the best. She had the surgery done at a famous state hospital and was fine.

Even malpractice cases. A doctor gets sued. He is advised not to fight it. Reason is if they look hard enough they can find something or spin something. If, he settles part of the settlement is the case is sealed. You might be seeing you favorite health provider for a splinter and they might have been sued for exactly the same issue.

My point, we are all gambling with our healthcare. Far as OP and stem cells. Surely a second opinion or even a third is a smart idea.