Thread: Big papi
View Single Post

Old 06-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
I find it amazing that a baseball superstar gets shot in his native Dominican Republic and the entire country is up in arms .. yet several people have been killed in exclusive resorts in the touristy area of Punta Cana DR and no one gives a care. My conspiracy theory is that the revered Papi did something to deserve it.. random tourists didnt do anything to deserve their untimely fate.
I was not going to post on this at all, but I am amazed at this publicity also.

DR has been cited so many times as a nation in which ALL want to leave because of crime in that country...I am sure you saw all the headlines,

I wish him well of course....he is a fellow human being, but canonizing him because he was a MLB player is a bit overdone. He IS worth a reported 45 MILLION dollars.

Nothing much is ever said about the poor slobs worth nothing who get shot each day in our OWN country....that we accept...this we get all upset about.

Sorry but just a bad day I guess. I am betting that in the game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals tonight, he is memoralized.

Great player but as a super baseball fan I recall all the cheating rumors, the bling and such, but I wish him well for sure.