View Single Post

Old 06-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I have never, in 8 years, had to store trash in the garage to wait for trash day. We just don't generate that much trash. As I said in an earlier post, we truly had NO room for a garbage can in our puny designer garage. Now that we're in a CYV with only one car in the garage, we could have one, as long as we don't have a golf cart. But... we don't need a garbage can. The dog's déjections are bagged and go into a "poop jar" outside (which is where I would put cat litter if we had a cat) to be added to the garbage bag on trash days.

If they drop down to one trash pickup per week, we would have one bag, tall kitchen can size, in the garage till trash day. But I hope they don't, because garages are hot and I would hate to have garbage festering in there. As for recyclables, we put ours in the laundry room sink until pickup day. If they stop accepting recycling, either at the curb or at the designated facility, that bag will be added to the trash.

Up north we had cans blowing all over the road. It was unsightly. I like the way TV does it.