View Single Post

Old 06-13-2019, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
This raises an interesting point. This past Spring I had severe seasonal allergies. My cardiologist recommended Zyrtec. Zyrtec costs an arm and a leg for 30 tabs. Shortly after that I had an appointment with my primary care and told him about it, he is on a tear to bring drug prices down and he told me NEVER to buy brand name. Get onto Google and find the generic name for drug and buy that. In my case I could buy 365 tabs for $14.00 from Amazon.

To add insult to injury Zyrtec proved to be too powerful for me so I now have about 27 tabs of Zyrtec sitting in the closet!
1. Zyrtec has been available in generic and "drug store brand" for a couple of years now, and with B1G1 and "Extra Bucks" promotions from CVS and Walgreens, is actually very affordable. EDITED TO ADD: I just did a google search on the generic ceterazine hcl, 10mg, 30 tablets. You can get a bottle at Target for $7.19. Not as good at 365 for $14 but if you only want 30 at a time, you pay more per tablet. That's just the nature of retail.

2. You can take half a Zyrtec if a full one is too strong. That'd double your value and give you what you need. Half a zyrtec is actually the prescribed dose for cats with airborne allergies.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 06-13-2019 at 05:55 PM.