View Single Post

Old 06-14-2019, 10:58 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
OP, plant based foods and burgers are likely what your grandkids are talking about. There are several veggie type burgers at the grocery and some have found there way into restaurants. Burger King has a plant based burger in some of their restaurants and I have seen in the last couple of months “impossible meat” offered in a couple of Mexican grill restaurants. There has been research that claim you can reverse some heart related issues (closed arteries) by eating a plant based diet. Doctor Dean Ornish and his associates have been conducting this research for several years and proven plant based foods and a lifestyle with 30 minute a day exercise can make a difference with cardiac patients. Dr.deanornish.com
I've noticed that everything the experts say will help with your heart, lungs, weight, etc. is in addition to exercise programs. I would assume a 30 minute daily exercise routine would would work just as well without eating plant based food. In reality very few people exercise 30 minutes per day.