View Single Post

Old 06-16-2019, 07:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
IMHO, the U.S. Open's primary broadcast team... leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Evey time I hear Joe Buck's voice, I expect to be watching a World Series and hearing..."it's a home run."

Azinger tries too hard to be as controversial as Miller (without the talent/career) and his color commentary, is filled with a lot of nasty/demeaning comments toward certain players...not interesting insider info.

And the last person who should be making any comments about players showing anger/displeasure after a shot is Curtis Strange, who almost invented...the modern-day player petulance.

The one bright spot to me, is having the noted architect Gil Hanse on staff who provides an authoritative voice on aspects that the average golfer...may never have thought about.

All in all though...I'm personally not impressed.
Personally I'm AOK with the Fox TV coverage. But it was special to see and hear Jim Nantz from CBS in the Fox booth as a guest for 15 minutes yesterday - He is the BEST. He has a home on Pebble.

I simply cannot stomach the STUPID yellouts by some in the galleries - I wish the networks would develop an audio AI system to mute them out.

OH, BTW - it is NOT simply California galleries - it's nationwide. Simple solution- supply a roll of duct tape for every volunteer, law enforcement, ushers, etc. Locate the offending 'yeller' - place 8" strip over their mouth. Any attempt to utter 'IN THE HOLE' again - another one over the nostrils.