View Single Post

Old 06-17-2019, 05:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Almost the same sequence of events. Had to replace a garbage disposal in a rental property. Found I also had a small leak in the pull out hose. Looked it up online for a Delta faucet and Lowe's showed they had 3 in stock. Went there to get it, but found zero. Did find one that was "universal" with about 10 different connections for each end to fit multiple faucets. Bought it and replaced the leaking hose and it works great.

Verdict is don't buy a new faucet just for a leaking hose. They are available and are much less expensive and easy to replace than a new faucet. If it had been my home I would have pulled it out past the leak, used a spring type cloths pin to hold it out past the leak so the drip was in the sink and ordered the correct one from Amazon or e-faucet for next day delivery. The Lowe's universal one was $22 but the Delta one on Amazon was $12. A lot less money and an easy replacement vs replacing the entire faucet.

Tinker, good tip for resolving the hose hanging up on the hot and cold supply lines. I will remember that one.